Last updated: 10/01/23
Effective from: 01/12/14
CDCS uses Internet technology to communicate educational and marketing messages to the community. If you subscribe to our blogs, newsletters or any other email correspondence there will be an option for you to unsubscribe from future email and alerts.
CDCS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any information that is provided by you for the purpose of communication, for example your email address, will only be used internally by us to send you relevant information that you have consented to, and used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and/or phone number
- information on topics of interest to visitors of this website
- billing address and/or shipping address
- encrypted payment details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- for the purpose of fulfilling purchases
- for internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
Who we share this information with
Only necessary members within our organisation have access to your personal information.
However, certain information such as geographical information, IP addresses, browser type, language, etc may be collected by the web platform, hosting service or plugins we use. See the list below for the details of 3rd party companies that may have access to personal data. CDCS has no control over whether these companies will protect your data to the same extent. We ensure all plugins and programs are kept up-to-date.
- Ventra IP (web host provider)
- WordPress (website platform)
- Divi by Elegant Themes (theme provider)
- WordFence Security (website security)
- Akismet Anti-Spam (spam protection)
- Jetpack (WordPress plugin for comments and other services)
- CDN Enabler (plugin for content delivery network)
- Bloom (plugin for creating opt-in forms)
- Google reCaptcha (see Google reCaptcha section of this policy)
- MonsterInsights Google Analytics (collects generic usage data, eg: which posts or pages are visited)
- Active Campaign (mailing list provider)
- Backup and Staging by WP Time Capsule (website backups)
- Blubrry PowerPress (podcast hosting provider)
- AddToAny Share Buttons (plugin for adding social media sharing buttons)
- Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce (plugin for WooCommerce customisation)
- Colorlib Login Customizer (plugin for customising the login page)
- Coming Soon Page (plugin for creating maintenance mode pages)
- ES Woocommerce ActiveCampaign (plugin for connecting our website to our autoresponder)
- Feeds for YouTube (plugin to enable YouTube video feed on website pages)
- LearnDash LMS (plugin for our Learning Management System)
- LearnDash Group Registration (plugin for registering groups of students)
- Login or Logout Menu Item (plugin to show different menus to logged in or out users)
- MetaSlider (plugin to show sliding images)
- Popups for Divi (plugin to extend Divi theme capabilities)
- PrintFriendly (plugin to enable easy printing of webpages)
- Purchase Orders for WooCommerce (adds the ability to accept purchase orders as a payment method)
- Smart Quiz Builder (plugin for building quizzes)
- Smart Slider 3 (plugin for adding sliders to webpages)
- StarBox (plugin for enabling author sections on blog posts)
- Under Construction (plugin to put the website into maintenance mode)
- User Menus (plugin to show different menus to logged in or out users)
- WooCommerce (plugin to add store facilities to our website)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
This website is secured with SSL encryption, which means all traffic to and from our servers is encrypted.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that we believe may be of interest to our visitors. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will not disclose your personal information unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of your personal information which we hold about you under the Australian Privacy Act 1988. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us via the Contact Us page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please notify us via the Contact Us page.